First and foremost – let me say that if you want to do your own video blog on your own website according to your own terms, you’re more than welcome!
However, if you want your vlogs to be included and promoted on this collective page, here are the guidelines to follow:
1. Your videos must be at least a minute long and be submitted for entry prior to 10 AM day-of posting. If you late on the deadline, it doesn’t mean you’re ineligible for future submissions, you just miss your video being featured that day. To submit, simply email me the link to your video & make sure that it allows embedding.
2. Your video must be content rich – this will be the most difficult part of the challenge, but I have confidence in you! Mainly avoid random ramblings & daily diaries – as a good rule of thumb just think about whether or not someone could gain some insight, inspiration, or some knowledge as a result of listening to your content. It doesn’t have to be super-technical or divine secrets of marketing, but something the average reader can get some benefit from. (*Note – I don’t think this will apply to any of you, but I will not be publishing any content deemed offensive towards any race, gender, political party, or hair color. Don’t think this really needs to be mentioned, but just in case)
3. You promote the posts you’re featured in on your social media outlets – either tweet or post the link on facebook to help gain awareness of the challenge. I’ll be straightforward with you – I don’t intend to profit in any way from this challenge, and after the 30 days is up, the site will remain frozen in time in order to carry on your digital legacy. The main intention of this whole process is to get people vlogging and help each other grow symbiotically. To help this experience be the best it possibly can, I’d wish that you share my first video that I posted today – here’s the link:
4. Tomorrow, March 30th is the first official day of the challenge, but the last day to opt-in to the challenge will be Monday evening, April 2nd at midnight. I know it’s a big decision and I want you to take the time to think about whether or not you have it in you, and if you’re really *that eager* to bring yourself to the next level. Obviously the first few days will have the highest promotion & activity, so it makes much more sense to get in early – but I understand if you’d like to start out at 25 days vs 30.
5. The quality is up to you. If you want to use your iphone or your 5D mk iii – it’s your call. A vlog is a vlog, and even some of the most well known vloggers have used cell phones or webcams to record their content.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to a killer month guys!
PS – if you want a few tips or ideas on getting started, I’m happy to help!